Type A or conventional motorhomes are constructed entirely on a specially designed motor vehicle chassis. Home-like amenities abound, and generally these motorhomes have kitchens, bathrooms, living areas with entertainment centers and centrally controlled heating and air conditioning.
From $60,000 to $500,000+
Up to 6
- Spacious and well-equipped, even the smaller, basic models are roomy and home-like.
- The larger, more luxurious models have many of the bells and whistles of a custom home.
- Designed with extensive storage capacity and often include basement storage areas.
- At a touch of a button, slideouts in some models move the RV wall outward up to three feet to create larger living areas. Many motorhome models include multiple slideouts.
- Many owners choose to tow a small vehicle for short side trips once the motorhome is parked.
*Any experienced driver can take the wheel. In several states, additional non-commercial driver’s licensing may be required for motorhomes that utilize air brakes or exceed certain weight thresholds. Check with your local department of motor vehicles for specifics.