The Fifth-Wheel Travel Trailer can have the same amenities as the Conventional Travel Trailer, but is constructed with a raised forward section that provides a spacious bi-level floor plan. These models are designed to be towed by a pickup truck equipped with a device known as a fifth-wheel hitch.
From $18,000 to $160,000
Up to 6
- Equipped with all the conveniences of home, including sleeping, showering, dining, cooking, entertainment and storage, many manufacturers also offer luxury models that are very spacious and elegantly furnished.
- There can be as many as four slideouts in some models, which move the RV wall outward up to three feet at the touch of a button to create larger living areas.
- Fifth-wheels often have a large picture window at the rear for panoramic views.
- At the campground, easily detach from the tow vehicle, freeing the vehicle for errands and sightseeing.
- Lightweight models have been designed specifically to allow the use of smaller trucks with less towing capacity.
- It is important to match the loaded weight of the RV to the towing capacity of the tow vehicle. Consult your dealer or owner’s manual for details and have the tow hitch professionally installed.
*In several states, additional non-commercial driver’s licensing may be required for fifth-wheel travel trailers that exceed certain weight thresholds. Check with your local department of motor vehicles for specifics.